"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life."

     This post doesn't necessarily have any relevance to my travels or adventures in Southeast Asia, but I would like to happily report that this trip thus far has rekindled my love for reading (I use the word rekindle because I am, in fact, reading on a kindle.....). This makes me really, really happy because I used to read books all the time, just for fun. Ever since I can remember I've always been reading. That changed a bit when I went to high school, and even more so when I entered college. There always was so much going on that I never had time to just sit down and read something that wasn't related to schoolwork. 
     Now that I have an hour commute both to and from the ABAC Bang Na campus from my home in Hua Mak, I have most definitely had time to do my fair share of reading. So far, I have completed Eat, Pray, Love and have started reading The Hunger Games series, which I am getting sucked into very quickly! It's a wonderful feeling to have rediscovered this love :)


"Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books." 



No comments:

Post a Comment