"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh, so thaaaat's a monsoon......

     I already have two other posts that I'm working on finishing so I can put them up soon, but I just had to write this one right now.....


     I was just sitting in my room writing emails and on Facebook while 98% of my friends are in Theology class, when I suddenly heard both the door to my room and the door to my balcony start to shake and move around. I opened the door to my balcony and saw the beginning of an actual, real-life monsoon. Now, I've been in Thailand for a month already during monsoon season, so we've seen some pretty heavy downpours, but it was nothing like what just happened a few minutes ago. I stepped out onto my balcony and could barely see three feet in front of my own building. The wind and the rain was just incredible. And of course this happens when NONE of my friends are here to see it, either. 
    I definitely have to admit, being alone during that storm was one of the scarier moments I've had in Thailand yet! It's amazing how powerful Mother Nature can be....
What I opened my balcony door to...

  During the worst of the storm



No comments:

Post a Comment