"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Monday, June 18, 2012

Ommmm.........

So yesterday, I was feeling really, really awesome! I just woke up in a good mood, and all day I had fantastic conversations with people that made me feel so alive. In the wake of this amazing mood I was in, I set a plan for the remainder of my day. I planned to go to our common area after my last class, and do some beginner's yoga (from YouTube of course), catch up on my journaling and reading, and finish a blog post or two!


I was so excited to carry out this plan and even got a few friends to join me, but of course life seemed to derail my plans. I had to do a lot of reading for my English class, and time just got away from me. I decided that instead of doing yoga or any of those other things, however, I would at least try to meditate- something I have always wanted to do, but haven't really tried very often. 


So at 1:30 am, instead of going to bed, I set myself up in my room with some good meditation music that I found and closed my eyes. I just recently finished reading the book Eat, Pray, Love, and used some of what I learned in that book to help me try to meditate. I didn't think it was going to work very well, but I was amazed that even with the soi dogs barking outside and people talking in my hallway, I was able to become very still and very peaceful, and the ten minute meditation song I was listening to flew by and felt like only a minute. I absolutely loved it, and I'm going to try and do it every day!


By the way, this was the mantra I focused on during my meditation:
Om Namah Shivaya, loosely translated as "I honor the divinity within me."


No comments:

Post a Comment