"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

   This post won't be very long, but I just wanted to write this to send out my love to all of you who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. I have been watching this storm since Saturday or Sunday, and have just helplessly watched as it moved over our little state. I knew the storm would hit home hard, but last night when I began to see photos of all the damage, particularly to the Jersey Shore, I just lost it. 
    I grew up going to the shore every summer, and spending time at our house in Seacrest or family members' cottages in Ocean Beach. Seeing these places that are so close to my heart being destroyed is so, so heartbreaking. I know it is most important that everyone is okay, but I can't help but mourn the losses the shore community is facing right now.

This is a link showing the damage in Ocean Beach. The video ends just a few houses down from where my old shore house is. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad, but you can see that some houses were just completely wiped out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRAdgh9VH0o&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment