"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Monday, July 16, 2012

Off to India!

   
     With midterms in the next few days (I know- I can't believe I'm at midterms either.....) I don't think I'll have time for another post before I leave for my midterm break. So- I will be leaving Bangkok on Friday (July 20th) to go to India for 16 days....crazy!! I, along with two of my friends, will fly into New Delhi on Friday, stay for two days, then head up to Jaipur for two more days to take part in the Teej Festival. This particular festival celebrates the arrival of the monsoon season, but also focuses on celebrating the women of India. It should be awesome to see! After two days in Jaipur, we are heading to Agra for a day to see the Taj Mahal.....this is something on my bucket list- can't believe I will actually be there! Then, from Agra we will head back to New Delhi and fly out to Goa to see some beautiful beaches and rest up for a few days. From Goa we fly to Calcutta, where we will serve with the Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa's order of nuns) for 4 or 5 days. Finally, on Saturday, August 4th we will fly back to Bangkok.


     It's pretty surreal to me that this trip is happening...and so soon! I knew right from the beginning when I applied to go to Thailand that I wanted to go to India while I was abroad. I definitely feel as though I'm being called there, and although I know this trip will probably be the biggest challenge I have faced so far in my life, I am looking forward to it. I view this as kind of a test for myself- to see if I can be adaptable and adventurous...let's hope it works! 

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling 
deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, 
propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start 
searching for different ways or truer answers." 
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment