"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last Day in Bangkok :(

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -Andre Gide    

    It's hard to believe I'm actually writing this right now.....but today is my last day in Bangkok. Well, considering it's 2 am, my last full day in Bangkok is already over. I'm up late with most of my floor trying to finish our last minute packing before leaving in the morning. We are heading out at 8:30 am for a flight at noon and right now, it feels pretty surreal. 
     For the past six months, Hua Mak has not only been the place I've lived in temporarily, but it's become my home. It is my sanctuary among a sometimes very foreign and overwhelming part of the world. Traveling to all these different countries, I've gotten to see a ton of cool things- but coming back to Bangkok (especially Hua Mak) always felt like coming home. 

     This trip truly has changed me. I have learned so much about myself here, and are more comfortable in my own skin than ever before. I think it will take time to notice all the changes I've made by living here, but I know without a doubt I can say that studying abroad in Thailand is one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. I'm sad to see it end, but I can't wait to discover how the changes I've made and what I've learned takes root in my life back in America.

     I know my travels are not yet over, and I have Hong Kong to look forward to. I hope to never stop traveling and seeing new parts of the world whenever I can! I hope you all have enjoyed reading my blog posts to see what I've been up to and I cannot wait to see each of you in person back in the good ol' US of A!

Love always, 
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment