"Congratulations! Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!

You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Tuesday, May 29, 2012




Sawadi Kha! (Thai for hello!)

So here I am- two and a half days into my adventure in Thailand and I just now am getting to sit down and really reflect on what's happened within the last few days.

As I'm sitting here writing this, I am sitting on my bed looking out at the city and watching my first downpour in the rainy season! I went to sit on my balcony to write, and just watched the storm roll right in- so cool!

                                              Watching the storm come in!

It's hard to believe just a few days ago, I was frantically packing what seemed like everything I owned into just two bags. With the help of my mom, I was able to condense everything and it looked like I was ready to go. We made the drive to JFK International Airport on Saturday in record time (or maybe it just seemed like record time due to my nerves) and after and hour or so of lingering around the airport, it came time to say goodbye! 

Now, the rest of Saturday and Sunday are kind of a blur. That happens, I guess, when you jump ahead 12 hours and spend 18 hours on two planes. I had no idea what time it was when I arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but I knew this was the start of a HUGE, GIANT adventure. Not only an adventure, but a pretty big challenge for me personally. Over the course of this year, I have begun to learn that putting myself out of my comfort zone is one of the best ways to help myself grow. That certainly is what this experience will be- I hope! Yep, 8700 miles away from home is DEFINITELY outside of my comfort zone. We'll see how this goes....

Thanks for checking up on how/what I'm doing in Thailand and don't forget to keep looking for more updates and posts! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment